Ceres is pioneering advances in digital volume holography and film optics to deliver a new class of high-performance, high-quality transparent display visualization solutions that meet the cost and performance needs of tomorrows applications. We are working with some of the highest profile companies in the world. The companies who are defining the future of the automotive and the transportation sectors.
Scotland is a great place to live and work. Our office is only minutes away from Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh, renowned for its heritage, culture, and festivals, and is within convenient driving distance of Glasgow and the whole central belt. And our world-famous countryside, beaches, rivers, and glens are also all within easy reach.
We are looking for engineering, R&D, and operations talent in our new Livingston headquarters.
If you are interested in joining the Ceres Holographics team, please check out our openings below.
If there is not a role that fits your specific interests, you are welcome to submit your resume via general openings.
No Recruiters Please
Principal Optical Engineer
- Novel holographic products, including AR-HUD and Transparent Displays
- Models of system and component level performance
- Holographic mastering, replication, and test capability
Skills and Experience
- Optical product development and manufacture
- In-depth optical modelling, including custom library development
- Optical prototyping and test in an optics lab
- Lasers, projectors, SLMs, DMDs, cameras
- Optical machine development
- Programming and instrument interfacing
Principal Automation Engineer
- Next generation holographic Digital Master Printers
- High volume Roll-to-Roll holographic replication equipment
- High volume hologram Automated Test Equipment
Skills and Experience
- Machine development, deployment, and support
- Programming, interfacing, software control and release
- Optical devices, such as lasers or projectors
- Control systems, including motion, robotics, cameras, and sensors
- Vibration isolation and control
- Holography, laser machining, micro technology
Production Technician – Hologram Printing Technology
Primary areas of focus will be operating Ceres proprietary hologram replication equipment. Preparation of holographic film for replicating using in-house machinery to produce finished products. The equipment covers both low volume prototype and larger continuous roll-to-roll volume machines. Day to Day work will involve working in a cleanroom environment with thin film photosensitive material, glass, and film lamination equipment.
- Holographic Replication Machine operation and control
- Preparation and lamination of copy film on to glass substrates
- Operating UV Cure Equipment
- Optical Test and Inspection of finished products
- Packaging and shipping of finished product to outside vendors and customers
- General housekeeping
- Monitoring and replenishment of material and consumable stock
- Maintain production and test records
- Testing of optical parts with spectrophotometer
- Laser and Optical Equipment set-up
- Routine monitoring checks and maintenance of replication equipment
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in operation of technical manufacturing equipment
- Experience of working with optical products
- Knowledge of working with thin polymer film in a Roll-2-Roll/ continuous production environment
- Ability to learn, and contribute to the development of new techniques
- PC Literate, with knowledge of Microsoft packages: Excel, Word
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision and flagging relevant issues for escalation as required
- Can support preparation of process methodologies and operating instruction documentation
- Film/Chemical handling and MSDS (Material Safety Data sheets).